McAtee Funeral Directors have been established for over 100 years offering personal care, confidentiality and attention to the local community, who we value most highly.
The business was set up by Francis James McAtee in 1908 and is now run by the 3rd generation of his family and has had an outstanding reputation locally for over 100 years. As the longest established business in the area we not only offer excellent service but continue to be part of the local community. We have evolved from the horse drawn hearse to the modern day hearse and limousine although we can still offer the traditional route of the horse drawn hearse. We are always mindful of personal care, confidentiality and attention to our clients.
If you’ve been unfortunate enough to suffer the loss of a loved one or want to make sure your final wishes are respected, then McAtee Funeral Directors are here for you. We are an independent, family run funeral company providing the full range of funeral services, providing sympathetic services to help during the sad occasion. We can provide everything from traditional coffins to floral tributes, funeral marquees and seating, in house catering and newspaper announcements.
Our Staff always give every respect to the deceased, ensuring they receive the tribute and dignity they deserve. Our promise is to provide the very best of service to the bereaved family and friends they leave behind. We are always available to provide support and help in your time of need.
Irish Association of Funeral Directors
At McAtee Funeral Directors we have always looked upon it as an honour and a privilege that families choose us to look after them at this time of bereavement. We are members of the Irish Association of Funeral Directors, thereby ensuring that our service to you is of the very highest standard. The Irish Association of Funeral Directors (IAFD) is the only representative organisation for funeral directors throughout Ireland. It was established in 1979 to promote excellence and expertise in the funeral directing profession and to foster cooperation between its members to enable them to provide a better service to their clients. The IAFD has an established Code of Practice, which must be followed by all of its members. IAFD members conduct 80% of funerals on the island of Ireland. The Association is consulted by government, local authorities, media, interest groups and the general public on matters relevant to funerals.
WHY CHOOSE AN IAFD MEMBER?
The independent funeral director has a long and proud history of personal service to local communities. Here are just some of the benefits of choosing an IAFD member:
- Carrying on the family tradition is a way of life for many firms deeply committed to upholding professional standards.
- By choosing an IAFD member, families have reassurance that they are using the very best in the profession.
- All members agree to follow a strict Code of Practice and they must all undergo regular inspections to ensure they are maintaining the highest of standards.
- The Code, which is made public to our clients, covers areas including information and choice of funerals, price lists and provision of estimates and invoices.
- IAFD members know and appreciate local customs and expectations because they have served the same community for generations.
- They are not distracted or bound by corporate rules handed down from head office and shareholders.
- They can be flexible and responsive to an individual’s needs providing a highly personal and compassionate service.
- Whether its advice when choosing a pre-paid funeral plan or information on the choice of funeral services available and costs, IAFD members fully understand the sensitivity of such decisions.