McAtee Funeral Directors have been established for over 100 years offering personal care, confidentiality and attention to the local community, who we, as an independent company value most highly.
The business was set up by Francis James McAtee in 1908 and is now run by the 3rd generation of his family and has had an outstanding reputation locally for over 100 years. As the longest established business in the area we not only offer excellent service but continue to be part of the local community. We have evolved from the horse drawn hearse to the modern day hearse and limousine although we can still offer the traditional route of the horse drawn hearse.
We are always mindful of personal care, confidentiality and attention to our clients, who we, as an independent company value most highly.
If you’ve been unfortunate enough to suffer the loss of a loved one, or want to make sure your final wishes are respected, then McAtee Funeral Directors are here for you. We are an independent, family run funeral company providing the full range of funeral services, providing sympathetic services to help during the sad occasion. We can provide everything from traditional coffins to floral tributes, funeral Marquees and seating, in house catering and newspaper announcements.
We always give every respect to the deceased, ensuring they receive the tribute and dignity they deserve, and promise to provide the very best service to the bereaved family and friends they leave behind. We are always available to provide support and help in your time of need
At?McAtees we have always looked upon it as an honour and a privilege that families choose us to look after them at this time of bereavement.
The reassurance and experience of an established and trusted funeral director can be a great comfort to a bereaved family and at SAIF we are committed to ensuring the funeral profession maintains the highest of standards, with members subject to our Quality Assurance Assessment and inspected every two years.
We currently have more than 870 members across 1,500 sites, as well as an additional 100 Associate members who supply products or services to the funeral profession.
All prospective members have their premises inspected and everyone who joins must adhere to our strict Code of Practice.
Since we formed in 1989 we have been a key voice within the funeral industry representing the views of our members and their communities at all levels of Government and providing informed opinions to MPs, national organisations, charities and consumer groups.
We have also taken a lead in helping establish the next generation of funeral directors offering training and education through our Independent Funeral Directors College and teaming up with Prestons College for an apprenticeship in Funeral Operations.
Our industry leading free counselling service SAIF Support promotes good mental health within the funeral profession, providing emotional advice and guidance to members.
We take our responsibilities to the funeral profession incredibly seriously and we will continue to safeguard the interests of not only our members but the communities they serve.
WHY CHOOSE A SAIF MEMBER?
The independent funeral director has a long and proud history of personal service to local communities.
Here are just some of the benefits of choosing a SAIF member:
- Carrying on the family tradition is a way of life for many firms deeply committed to upholding professional standards.
- By choosing a SAIF member, families have reassurance that they are using the very best in the profession.
- All members agree to follow a strict Code of Practice and they must all undergo regular inspections to ensure they are maintaining the highest of standards.
- The Code, which is made public to our clients, covers areas including information and choice of funerals, price lists and provision of estimates and invoices.
- SAIF members know and appreciate local customs and expectations because they have served the same community for generations.
- They are not distracted or bound by corporate rules handed down from head office and shareholders.
- They can be flexible and responsive to an individuals needs providing a highly personal and compassionate service.
- Whether its advice when choosing a pre-paid funeral plan or information on the choice of funeral services available and costs, SAIF members fully understand the sensitivity of such decisions.
- Maintaining and publicising high standards of professionalism, quality and care are the true mark of the independent funeral director.